Also Added €10k In Freerolls Every Day, iPhone Giveaway, Vegas Packages, Leaderboards Based On Hands Rather Than Rake.
Tonybet Poker intends to turn up the heat in 2016 as the site makes significant changes and takes bold moves to build on a successful 2015 that has seen its liquidity rocket! Special changes were made today, including adding hold’em tournaments, to encourage more fun and action in online poker.
The up and coming independent site, boasting its own unique software and liquidity, will also delve into live NLH poker sponsorship for the first time following its successful Tonybet OFC World Championship events in Prague back in December.
https://tonybetpoker.com has already made a bold move in the final months of 2015 by launching and going rake free on its new NLH and PLO cash games but the desire to continue to grow means further change in 2016. The changes cover both gameplay and promotions:
- Introduction of straddles to rake free NLH/PLO online cash games
- Making 6 Max full ring on the site as standard
- Addition of 4 Max and Heads-up NLH/PLO games
- Making majority of tournaments 10,000 starting chips – commitment to big stack online poker
- €10.000 guaranteed in freerolls everyday
- iPhone 6S giveaway and special Las Vegas packages
- Each new sign-up will receive a free ticket worth €10 to a €5,000 guaranteed monthly event
- €15,000 in cash game, SnG and MTT races. In a different approach to most of the industry the cash game and MTT leaderboard races will be based on number of hands rather than rake allowing the lower stakes players to compete
- NLH live event sponsorship for the very first time in the form of Tonybet Winter Festival at Playground Poker in February, including over 100 seats guaranteed in online qualifiers
- Online NLH/PLO series in February with €100,000 already earmarked in guarantees
Tonybet spokesman Warren Lush said: “There is a lot of talk these days that poker has become dull and that there’s no spark, and, as founder Tony G would say, it is lacking big heart. We’re on a mission to change that – it’s not just about giving away loads of money through promotions including 10K in daily freerolls and scrapping rake, it is about the experience that we offer.”
“For example, we are introducing straddles to our cash games which you won’t see anywhere else – it is popular in the live environment so why shouldn’t it be the same online? 6-max is now full ring at Tonybet meaning faster gameplay and less waiting around in tournaments. We’ve definitely learned something from OFC in this regard – in OFC you play every single hand. Players can also find 4-max and heads-up tables in the Tonybet poker client – forms of the game that promote action.”
“As they say at Tonybet, and like players do with an all-in, it’s ‘no balls, no glory’ – if we don’t try and liven things up and take steps to pump up the action then we don’t know. We are in a unique position as an up and coming operator to try such things. Another simple thing we have done to try and reinvigorate the online poker experience is to make the majority of our tournaments have 10,000 starting chips. We hope big stacks with larger blinds appeal to those sick of small stacks and flipping pre-flop,” he continued.
Tonybet is excited to be the headline sponsor of the upcoming Tonybet Winter Festival at the fantastic Playground Poker Club in Montreal and will be sending online qualifiers to the $1,100 buy-in $500,000 guaranteed NLH Main Event which runs from 5th-10th February. Previous Tonybet ventures into live poker have been very much OFC based so, as unusual as it is to say, we are on a brave new adventure by sponsoring a NLH and PLO series for the first time! Online qualifiers start on January 9th.
If you haven’t joined yet, be sure to do so using the bonus code STARTER to receive up to a €2,000 bonus as a welcome gift. Next to that you will also be rewarded with a free €10 entrance to a €5,000 guaranteed monthly tournament.